1. Stash your laundry hampers in extra deep drawers.
No one wants to see your messy, overflowing piles of dirty clothes. See how they did this here.
3. Or hollow out an old book.
4. Use electrical tape to make over your washing machines.
If you get sick of your stripes and polka dots, they’re easily removable.
5. Wallpaper the fridge.
They make removable wallpaper just for this purpose.
6. Or give it a coat of chalkboard paint.
A great place to add decorative doodles, grocery lists, and to-do lists.
7. This crown molding shelf hides your paper towels.
And you can put pretty things on top like candles and fancy perfume bottles. You can buy this here.
8. Use clear Muji bottle dispensers as an elegant way to store your not-so-pretty beauty products.
Your Cetaphil and dandruff shampoo don’t necessarily need to be broadcast to the world. Empty the product into one of these lovely Muji pump bottles.
9. Use doormats and spray paint to make a decorative vent or electrical box cover.
She spray-painted her doormat a metallic copper color.
10. Use an inexpensive printed canvas from IKEA to hide your flatscreen TV.
A TV doesn’t have to be the centerpiece of your living room. See how they did thishere.
11. Similarly, hide a thermostat or home alarm with a canvas on hinges.
All it takes is a flip to access it. Get the full directions here.
12. Hide your cords in trim.
This will make your television blend in seamlessly with your mantel and fireplace. See how they accomplished this here.
13. Update a dresser to create a drawer for your printer.
Your giant gray printer relic doesn’t exactly fit into your classic modern decor. Get the instructions for this clever DIY here.
14. Turn wires into wall art with these wire blooms clips.
If you can’t hide it, put a bird on it. Get them from Amazon.
15. Transform a plain door with paint and masking tape.
This easy DIY adds depth and class to any boring entryway.
16. Cover up an AC unit with a chalkboard cover.
You’ll have to build a wooden frame, but if you have any carpentry skills whatsoever, it’s oh so worth it. Directions here.
17. For a window AC unit, hang café-style curtains on a tension rod.
18. Use a stenciled pegboard to cover up an ugly wall.
In this situation, there were pipes on the wall so wallpaper or tiles weren’t an option. The pegboard also maximized storage because she was able to hang shelves easily.
19. Camouflage an oddly placed light switch plate with a photo gallery.
No one will even stop to ponder why there’s an effing light switch in the middle of the wall. See how she did this here.
20. Hang a black drop cloth behind your desk to hide a tangled mass of wires.
This couple used Bucky Ball magnets to affix the cloth, making this a supremely easy DIY.
21. Turn a low drawer into a pet-feeding hutch.
22. Spray-paint your folding chairs.
Metal folding chairs, for whatever reason, usually come in that weird ugly brown color. Make them fun and bright with a little spray paint.
23. Instead of your standard garment rack, opt for a ceiling rope-hung rack instead.
Store-bought garment racks tend to look cheap and messy. Get the instructions for this simple rack here.
24. Turn those nettlesome basement poles into stately columns with molding.
See how she accomplished this here.
And paint them an accent color.
It’ll look totally striking in a mostly white room.
25. You can actually paint any ugly tile floors you’re not crazy about.
Does anyone actually like that mottled linoleum look? See how she did this here.
27. Stash peek-a-boo plants in your cinder blocks.
Your backyard will look like it’s just bursting with greenery.
28. Install a rolling recycling bin in your kitchen counter or island.
Simplehuman makes a nice one.
29. Update your garage door with a fresh coat of paint.
Bonus points if it matches the shutters.
30. Easily update your boring built-in bathtub with airstone.
See how she did this here.
31. Transition your backsplash into the wall seamlessly with a shelf bracket.
32. Keep your charging station in a kitchen or nightstand drawer, just by drilling some holes.
Many nightstands have open drawers in the back too, so you can keep your gadgets out of sight and out of mind.
33. If you have popcorn ceilings, you can actually scrape the “popcorn” off.
34. Use hooks underneath your desk to keep wires out of the way.
35. Upholster your unsightly box springs with fabric and a staple gun.
Add furniture legs to get your bed off the floor. Full directions here.
36. Give your kitchen appliances a stainless steel makeover with stainless steel contact paper.
Yep, it exists. See how Julie Blanner revamped her dishwasher here.
1. Lower your living room to create a conversation pit.
The bi-level living room will give your home an incredibly spacious yet cozy effect.
2. Turn an attic nook into a pillow room.
What is life but one long, perpetual movie-night slumber party?
4. Or use the space underneath for storage.
Next-level wine collection not included, unfortunately.
5. Or use that space for a book nook.
So much cozy.
6. Dogs are people, too, which is why your dog should probably get his or her own little haven underneath the stairs.
7. Make space for two dishwashers instead of one.
You can load one while the other washes. KitchenAid also makes a double drawer dishwasher.
8. If you’re doing a HUGE remodel, ask your contractor about tacking on a treehouse or guesthouse.
This add-on might cost less than you think.
9. Turn your shabby garden shed into a charming artist’s shed.
With big windows for lots of light and visual inspiration.
10. Install an in-wall pest control system.
Pest-tube installation means that all the exterminator has to do is inject some stuff into one end to keep insects and rodents away.
11. Maximize your space with baseboard drawers.
Especially in the kitchen and bathroom.
12. Consider a hidden room.
Sometimes it’s as simple as adding a bookcase to a door.
13. Make your walls MAGNETIC.
Magnektik makes large magnetic panels that are strong enough to hang anything, including shelves and TVs.
14. An S-shaped seat turns your shower or steam room into one you can LIE DOWN IN.
Insane in le bain.
15. Have an extra-tall ceiling? Stretch a ceiling hammock across it.
16. A walk-in shower means NO GLASS TO CLEAN.
And they even fit into small bathroom spaces.
17. Install chutes in your kitchen for your trash and recycling.
Funnel them straight into the garage.
18. A platform in a storage/guestroom hides away all of your stuff while keeping the room usable.
It’s also a great way to make a comfy nook room more functional.
19. Build a bar into your deck.
21. Build a second mini-fridge in your kitchen island for BEER.
Or really, anything you want.
22. Instead of typical cabinets, build a pull-out cabinet for instant counter space.
23. Put a sink with jets in your laundry room so you have a convenient place to wash your delicates.
24. Utilize dead space with a built-in wine rack.
Or build the wine rack directly into the kitchen island.
It’s an epic way to open up your kitchen while entertaining.
28. Swap out your boring old ceiling for a star-gazing sunroof.
29. Install a two-sided fireplace between the bathroom and the bedroom.
Who needs heated tiles when you have a bathroom fireplace?
30. Frame your living room fireplace with built-in seating.
Fireplaceseat is the new windowseat.
31. And finally, go ahead and add that master bedroom balcony.
You deserve a quiet, tranquil place to look out over your land.
1. Aquarium Bed
Image credits: acrylicaquariums.com
2. Chandelier That Turns Your Room into a Forest
Image credits: Hilden and Diaz
3. Indoor-Outdoor Pool
Image credits: unknown
4. Swing Set Table
Image credits: psfk.com
5. Beach Sand Under Your Work Desk
Image credits: Justin Kemp
6. Spiral Staircase Slide
Image credits: unknown
7. Cat Transit System
Image credits: Because We Can
8. Glass Floor and an Open Shaft Below Your Bathroom
Image credits: Hernandez Silva Arquitectos
9. Fusion Dining And Pool Table
10. Hammock Bed
Image credits: Le Beanock
11. Understairs Storage
Image credits: Deriba Furniture
12. Backyard Cinema
Image credits: fancymaterial.com
13. Ping Pong Door
Image credits: Tobias Fraenzel
14. A Wall That Plays Music When It Rains
Image credits: ingeniumetars
15. See-through Bathtub
Image credits: Stern McCafferty
16. Vertical Herb Garden in Your Kitchen
Image credits: unknown
17. Bookcase Staircase
Image credits: Levitate Architects
18. Back Yard Beach-Themed Fire Pit
Image credits: unknown
19. Spiral Wine Storage
Image credits: spiralcellars.co.uk
20. Treehouse Room For Kids
Image credits: mytropolisdesign.com
21. Pirate Ship Bedroom For Yourself
22. Walk-In Pool
Image credits: houzz.com
23. Door of Swatches
Image credits: studio.arminblasbichler.com
24. Hammock Over the Stairs
Image credits: ooda.eu
25. Ice Cave In Your Room
(These icicles formed inside a building in Chicago due to bad cold storage maintenance.)
26. Skate-park Room
Image credits: Pierre Andre Senizergues
27. Fire Pit Table
Image credits: moma-design.it
28. Backyard Office
Image credits: officepod.co.uk
29. Indoor Slide
Image credits: David Hotson
30. Catwalk Around The House
Image credits: nekomemo.com
31. Table Firepit
Image credits: unknown
32. Kitchen Table Tennis
Image credits: hammacher.com
33. Balcony Pool