Vegan Cornbread recipe
- 2 cups ORGANIC cornmeal (non-GMO)
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons organic grade b maple syrup
- 2 cups homemade almond milk
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar (or fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
1. Combine the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) in a medium-sized bowl and wisk together. Set aside.
2. Combine all dry ingredients together (cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt) in a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup to the non-dairy milk mixture and wisk until foamy and bubbly.
4. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. (The batter will be somewhat thick).
5. Use a spoon or spatula to transfer the batter into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 – 35 minutes.
From “The healthy family and home“