Sarah Phillip of Abundelicious recently shared this recipe with me. It’s delicious!
Add this granola to a bowl of coconut kefir for a dairy free breakfast or dessert treat.
– Leave out the oats, and this becomes grain free and Paleo friendly.
– This granola has healthy proteins and fats to keep you feeling full longer!
– The reason for adding the nuts and seeds AFTER the granola has baked is to preserve the enzymes and nutrients.
- 4 1/2 cups (18 ounces) gluten-free, old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) shelled, RAW, unsalted sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup pepitas (RAW pumpkin seeds – soaked and dehydrated)
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 2 cups coconut shreds
- 1 1/2 cups slivered or coarsely chopped RAW almonds (soaked and dehydrated)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup, preferably Grade A Dark Amber
- cranberries (boil them down to a paste)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- sprinkle with kosher salt
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the oats, sunflower seeds, cranberries, coconut shreds and flakes, and allspice and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the maple syrup and oil and stir until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Spread the granola on a roughly 12 by 17–inch rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the granola until it begins to brown, about 25 minutes, and then stir it with a flat spatula. Let the granola continue to bake until it is light golden brown, dry, and fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes longer. Stir the granola at least once more as it bakes and watch it carefully during the final minutes because it can burn quickly.
4. Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack, add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Let the granola cool completely. Transfer the granola to an airtight container. It can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 month or frozen for up to 6 months. You can serve the granola straight from the freezer. It doesn’t get hard and it thaws almost instantly